Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Busy busy

This last 7-8 weeks has been a challenge and a blessing in disguise. Over this time my daughter, me, the doctors at the Children's Hospital and all the staff out there have managed to correct her leg defect and increase it's length by 5cms. It has involved a lot of pain, a lot of drugs, a lot of tears and some very big tantrums. That's been the challenge.





The blessing is that my daughter and I have grown so close. She trusts me implicitly to look after her best interests (even when I've had to be the one inflicting the pain!!) As a result I think we are so much closer than we would have been ordinarily. Some other blessings have been to watch her conquer something that would be challenging to most adults and still carry herself beautifully. Through all this she has still been a caring friend to her mates and shown concern for me as I struggled with caring for her, work and my life.





The personal blessings for me have been innumerable. Feeling the love of my close friends, especially Lou. Realising I had strengths I didn't think I had. A breakthrough in the way I've used my creative life to deal with the stress and the resulting work I've produced. A renewed sense of self. The list goes on and on.


I've included a pair of shoe inserts I painted before all this kerfuffle happened. I'm hoping to upload some other work I've done since in the next day or so I have a record of the change in my practices.



In the last weeks I've also been sewing clothes, making brooches, making stuffed toys (or softies as I've found out they are now called!!) and renewing some old clothes that needed changing. That's all happened between tears and exhaustion.

Life is definitely interesting!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I would be crying along with my child as I was helping her like you. How strong you are and what a wonderful, wonderful view you have regarding all of it! I am anxiously awaiting to see your "new" art and how you synthesized all of your emotions through it.

    ReplyDelete